2012年6月21日星期四

Family? Edward, Rielle and Quinn are pictured together at their rented beach house last weekend

Rielle Hunter
Family? Edward, Rielle and Quinn are pictured together at their rented beach house last weekend
The book is due out June 26. An extensive interview with ABC News will air Friday on '20/20.'
Hunter says she caught Edwards' eye at the hotel when she followed him out of a reception and said, 'You are so hot.'
Hours later, she got a call from him inviting her to his room.
She claims she went only because she thought she could give Edwards advice for his presidential campaign. But that all changed the moment she was alone behind closed doors with 'her Johnny.'
'The connection I felt when I walked in the door had only grown and the amount of energy between us was huge and unstoppable,' Hunter writes, according to an excerpt obtained by Radar Online.
'And then a moment came while we were talking when something in my heart clicked and I surrendered.
'I took off my teacher hat, let go of all my resistance to him and let him lead. And lead he did. He led me toward the most extraordinary night of my life. There was a lot of talk, a lot of laughter and zero sleep.'
But Hunter says she didn't give in easily to sleeping with a married man -- it took Edwards telling her a story about having three other mistresses to get her into bed that first night they met.
'He told me that he had an entire hidden life that had gone on for decades and that he was currently involved with three different women. One lived in Los Angeles, one in Florida, and one in Chicago,' Hunter writes, according to Radar Online.
'Clearly, this behavior of his was not going to change overnight... I also told him that if I was going to help him, he couldn't lie to me. He needed to have one person in his life that was safe for him.
'He said that wasn't a problem, and when he said that, I felt a wave of total relief roll off of him. He needed this safe place. Somewhere in the midst of our talk, long after I realized how far off the rails his marriage was, and for how long it had been that way, something happened between us.'
But Edwards did lie to Hunter. He lied that night about the three other mistresses -- and used the lie to manipulate her for five years. He didn't come clean about his love life until 2011, she says.
Edwards had two other mistresses, he said, but both those affairs ended before his 2004 bid to become Vice President.
Hunter, 48, says she spent most of her 20s snorting cocaine as she pursued an acting career in New York.
But she got past drug abuse before she turned 30 and replaced it, she claims, with a quest for 'spiritual growth.'
The book contains a full-throated defense of her lover -- even as she is coy about the status of their relationship.

没有评论:

发表评论